Many people migrate to Australia without having a job or getting sponsored. There is a SkillSelect program for people who want to move to Australia to seek employment.
They do not need a sponsor, but they must prove that they have the skills and qualifications necessary to work in an occupation on the Australian Skilled Occupations List.
They also require to pass an English test (IELTS or others) and have professional qualifications that are recognised in Australia.
Some crucial requirements to migrate to Australia pursuant to this visa are –
- English language – you should have sufficient ability in the English language to work in Australia (at least at a Competent level);
- Age Restriction – Some visas will have an age restriction of 55 and under.
- Nominated occupation – when you apply, you nominate a skilled occupation, which fits your skills and qualifications. This occupation must be found on the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List;
- Skills assessment – before you apply, you must have your skills assessed by an Australian assessing authority designated to assess your nominated occupation (which will usually have specific qualifications requirements);
- Health assessment – you should be of reasonably good health, and all applicants must have their health assessed by a panel doctor and undergo a medical examination; and
- Character assessment – you should be of good character, and this too will be assessed.